santacoTMG Digital reports that an expected taxi strike in Gauteng on Monday is on hold for the time being.  According to officials, there will be no taxi strike until talks between the SA National Taxi Council (Santaco) and the Gauteng provincial government have been concluded.  

Santaco‚Äôs Ralph Jones said on Monday a meeting had been scheduled for Wednesday with Gauteng MEC for roads and transport, Ismail Vadi, and Gauteng MEC for community safety, Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane.  Among the issues affecting the taxi industry was the issuing of operating licences and the backlog in drivers waiting to receive them.  Jones said that depending on the outcome of the talks, the organisation would decide on whether to call a strike or not.


Get other news reports at the SA Labour News home page