Today's Labour News

newsThis news aggregator site highlights South African labour news from a wide range of internet and print sources. Each posting has a synopsis of the source article, together with a link or reference to the original. Postings cover the range of labour related matters from industrial relations to generalist human resources.

kznlogo thumb100 The Mercury reports that the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Department of Education remains adamant that a sex video teacher has a case of statutory rape to answer, despite his lawyer disputing the allegations.  

The teacher at a high school in Nquthu has denied he was filmed with under-age schoolgirls in a video he shot himself that circulated on social media last week.  His lawyer, Bruce Macgregor, said three women, who appeared in separately filmed videos having sex with the teacher, were adults in their late twenties and early thirties.  The teacher has not been arrested, but he has instructed Macgregor to institute a defamation case against the media and MEC Mxolisi Kaunda for tarnishing his image.  Yet, an education spokesman insisted on Thursday that the teacher was not off the hook because, he said, the “women” were under-age schoolgirls.  Also, after hearing that there were other teachers allegedly involved in sexual relationships with schoolgirls, Kaunda has commissioned an official to conduct a thorough investigation, the report on which will be handed to him in two weeks’ time.  

  • Read this report by Bongani Hans in full at The Mercury


Get other news reports at the SA Labour News home page