Today's Labour News

newsThis news aggregator site highlights South African labour news from a wide range of internet and print sources. Each posting has a synopsis of the source article, together with a link or reference to the original. Postings cover the range of labour related matters from industrial relations to generalist human resources.

SANParksTraveller24 reports that SA National Parks (SANParks) has confirmed that holiday bookings for June and July 2018 will now open on 1 August 2017, as opposed to 25 July 2017 as originally planned.  

The change of date is due to the strike action by some members of staff, according to SANParks head of communications Janine Raftopoulos.  On Wednesday, SANParks was still in negotiations to resolve the salary dispute with the unions, with disruptive behaviour reported at certain camps in the Kruger National Park, specifically Orpen, Berg en Dal and Shingwedzi.  Raftopoulos stated:  "We have seen disruptive behaviour at SANParks Head Office (Groenkloof), Phalaborwa and Orpen gates in the Kruger National Park.  Management has requested the union to immediately intervene; failing which, an application for an interdict will be lodged to stop unruly behaviour and seek adherence to the rules by Hospersa (Health & Other Services Personnel Trade Union of SA) members.”  According to Raftopoulos, SANParks revised its offer to 6.1% plus 1% pay progression to qualifying employees, which totals 7.1%.

  • Read this report in full at Traveller24
  • See too, SANParks strike by Hospersa members continues, at News24
  • And also, SANParks oorweeg interdik teen ‘ontwrigtende’ stakers, at Netwerk24 (limit on access)


Get other news reports at the SA Labour News home page